Cleaning your garage can be a daunting and time-consuming task, but this task can be overcome in no time with specific tips.
Below are some tips to make your garage cleaning effortless and ensure it remains that way for a long time.
The planning process is one of the most crucial aspects of any activity.
Planning in this sense involves:
- choosing a day and time to do the cleaning,
- Telling family members who could assist ahead of time.
When fixing a day, it pays to have an eye out for a day that is notably free. If this isn’t possible, you can settle for a date not so riddled with activities.
CLEARING OUT THE GARAGE
This involves taking everything out of the garage to the driveway to make it easier to clean and organize. It helps to have a mental picture of how you want the garage to look. In this case, a glance can help you determine what to keep, sell, donate, or trash.
It is advisable to include your family members in this process to reduce the workload.
DEEP CLEANING ALL SURFACES
Preferably starting from the top, remove the cobwebs, clean the shelf tops, windows, and the ground.
Some cleaning tips;
- Using cat litter, dish soap, and a wire scrub brush, remove motor oil stains.
- Remove and clean any mold with bleach or vinegar.
- Wait for the ground to dry before putting back in.
SORT THROUGH THE THINGS
Now sort through the things you cleared out from the garage while waiting for the garage to dry.
There are about four categories you can sort these things into;
- those to keep,
- donate, and
Asides from those to “keep,” place the other stuff in either cartons, plastic bags, or trash bags, depending on how it suits you.
You could also take a picture of those to sell to post without rummaging through them again quickly.
ORGANIZE AND PLACE BACK
The stuff under the “keep” segment can now be taken back into the garage. Ensure you use a lot of vertical space (the wall) to conserve more space.
Some tips for organizing
- Use shelving units to keep frequently used items.
- Use cabinets or closets for those things you use less frequently.
- Keep children’s toys within easily reachable areas
- Make sure to give out those marked for donation as early as possible
With these tips above, one can easily clean and organize the garage. It doesn’t have to be a dreadful task anymore. At Elite Services Junk Removal, we are junk removal and recycling experts available to help handle your cleaning work and ensure your home spaces remain clutter-free for a long time. Give us a call today or fill out our online contact form!