With winter fast approaching, now might be the perfect time to try and declutter the garage, and get rid of anything you don’t use. To get as much done as possible, be sure to clean out and throw away items before you start your organization. To ensure a cleaner garage, be sure to follow the steps below.
- Ask yourself when was the last time you used it? If the answer is more than a year ago, throw it out.
- For any items that you believe you can get some value for, consider a garage sale or posting your items online to sell. It doesn’t hurt to see who might be interested in what you no longer have any use for, and any extra cash flow is always beneficial.
- Make three piles of donation, trash, and what you are keeping.
- Be sure to have a structured system including shelving, if it doesn’t already exist. This is a real space saver as you can put things on the wall instead of overstuffing your drawers.
- Having bins where more items can be stored will help declutter and to become more organized. Introduce a color-coded system to make certain items easier to find, such as: tools, Christmas ornaments, etc. Make sure to clearly label the container.
- Review your items to make sure you are not getting rid of anything you may need, and vice versa.
- Once you have established all your categories, and you know what you no longer need, contact us to finalize your clean up!
We offer a variety of services such as furniture removal, yard clean-up, and appliance removal, and would love to help make your life hoard-free.