Recycling is one of the easiest ways society can improve the economy, the environment, and prevent waste from entering the ocean and harming innocent animals. The average person only recycles a fraction of the waste they use every day and through education, we can help change the way people view their waste.
What is the Recycling Process?
There are three parts of the recycling process:
- Collection – The process of recovering recyclables to be processed down to the raw material
- Manufacturing – After the materials are processed down to raw material, they are then remanufactured to their new consumer good
- Buying – Buying the recycled goods is the final step in the recycling process
Are Batteries Recyclable?
Yes, batteries (especially rechargeable ones) contain heavy metals that can contaminate the environment. If your batteries are no longer working, it’s important to never throw them away and recycle them instead. During the junk removal process, we can recycle your old batteries for you but if you’re looking to dispose of them faster, your local office supply store, electronics store, and hardware store typically offer battery recycling free of charge.
Can My Electronics be Recycled?
Yes! If your electronics are still intact, whether they are working properly or not, they can be recycled and used to repair other electronics. One of the ways older electronics are repaired are with parts from the electronics that people have recycled in the past. If there are fluids leaking from your electronics or if the screen is broken, the electronic is considered a hazardous material and has to be disposed of through the proper channels. In either case, Elite Services Junk Removal & Demolition will be able to recycle and/or dispose of your electronics!
What Items Should I Never Try to Recycle?
We try to recycle as many items as possible, but there are still numerous items that can’t be recycled. The following items should never be placed in your recycling bin:
- Broken glass, syringes, light bulbs, and sewing needles
- Boxes that have been soiled by food grease (i.e. take out containers and pizza boxes)
- Propane Tanks
- Paint and other chemicals
- Aerosol cans that are not empty
- Garden Hoses
If you have any questions about what can and cannot be recycled or are interested in our recycling program, give Elite Services Junk Removal & Demolition a call today at (978) 317-5388.